Summer Vacation 2015 - Indonesia

So after my Shanghai adventure, I hopped into a 6 hours flight to Jakarta with no sleep after my all-night-long karaoke session and spent the whole summer vacation at home. It was........ weird. I learnt my lesson that being home for more than a month leads to being unproductive, lots of cleaning the house and just basically bored. After moving to other city/place/country,  it just made me realise that being home would never feel the same again. The lifestyle, the people, the mindset, the culture. Everything.

But my three months, did not only wasted on contemplating my life, I was, of course having tons of fun with my family and friends, and travel to few places in Indonesia.

Man, what a beautiful country, I belonged to.
I travelled to some places around East Java, that include Mont Bromo, Ijen Crater, Banyuwangi, Baluran and some places in Bali. It was amazing!!!!!!!!

Ijen Crater was the highlight of the trip for me, where we hiked waayyy before the dawn- aka 1 in the morning so we could catch the Blue Fire. It is when the sulphuric gases emerged from the crack of the volcanoes and in contact with the air, which causes a a blue flame. This phenomenon can only be found in Indonesia and Iceland. The hike was insane, where we spent around 2 hours with an insane incline and slippery sandy/dusty road followed by a 45-minutes hike down the banks with a super rocky and of course also slippery. But it was worth it, totally worth it. But if you ask me whether I'd do it again in the near future, I would say no. lol


Comments

  1. for a second I thought you were in some sort of a desserted side of Indonesia. Lovely place, lovely weather (though it's scorching hot! I know since my mom's Indonesian) Very well articulated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sakura

Aloe Vera : The Super Plant

Lockdown situation